Speedy Jim

bprose wrote:

Third, I just bought a condo in a building built in 1915 as apartments.

SNIP

So I want to remove the baseboard heaters myself and to cap off the
pipes at the edges of the room so I can do the work I need to do
ASAP... If that's possible. I've already stripped them down to just
pipe and fins.

WHOA!!

This is a Hydronic heating system. The water in those baseboard units
is under pressure. If the building has one central boiler, it could
be a *lot* of pressure.

There is no way that you can simply cut out a section without
lots of experience and preparation.

Second, as a condo unit owner, you don't have the legal right
to tamper with systems which may be part of the common property.

I don't mean to sound scolding, but you may be in way over your head...

Jim