Johan Andersen

Default Restoring faded furnitures (e.g. rosewood veneer)

Hi,

How would you restore dark hardwood furnitures to original color?

I've been looking for some old furnitures, and among others I came by a
dining table made of brazilian rosewood. However, the veneer and some of
the solid edges has faded to a much brighter color.

Can the color of e.g. brazilian rosewood be restored without staining?
I.e. does anybody know how _deep_ the discoloration goes?
Of course I ask because it is very limited how much sanding one can do
on the veneer.

Something just come to my mind: could the faded parts simply be
_stained_ wood/veneer which has now returned to its original brighter
color?

It is somewhat more simple with a pair of massive teak chairs that I
digged out from a pile of scrap: Sanding, sanding and some oil finish.
Voila.

I hope you have some suggestions on the veneer restauration.

Cheers,
Johan Andersen
Aalborg, Denmark