Charlie Self

Prometheus wrote:
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 00:40:28 +0100, Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 07:39:01 -0500, Prometheus
wrote:

1066. They conquered Britian.

What's "Britain" ?

England barely existed at that period - Britain certainly didn't.

All right, Andy. The smallish landmass on the northern side of the
waterway currently referred to as the "English Channel"- north of the
present-day province of Normandy. Better? Didn't mean to insult the
English and get into a matter of semantics, it just seems stupid to
constantly bag on the French because they don't care to grab their
guns and shoot the brown people of the world every time one of our
elected leaders yells "saddle up".

Let's just not forget that the French did their fair share of shooting
darker colored people not all that long ago. It took Dien Bien Phu to
get them out of 'Nam (and us, unfortunately, in), and Algiers wasn't
exactly a picture perfect post. This time, they didn't go along. Other
times, they led the parade.

No country or people is perfect, regardless of what that country or its
people think. Include in that mass France and the U.S. and add every
place else you can think of. Then toss it up in the air and make a
choice (for those in the U.S.): is there anywhere else you're rather
live? Not me. But that doesn't mean I have to lie down and drown in
Bush's lies.