Bob Minchin

Default Quality of Wickes kitchen cabinets?

David Dickinson wrote in message ...
Hi,

Thanks for the comments. I was asking because a kitchen fitter that
recently worked on my brothers house claimed that Wickes were "total
crap". He may have been talking about the units that they keep in stock
on the shelf though, that people can take away in their car.

I think their "take away" range may be cheaper and lower quality
construction than the standard units that you have to order and have
delivered. From looking at the show units they look just as good (even
slightly more robust) than the MFI and Magnet units I've looked at.

David.

David,

Whichever units you choose ( I have 19 year old Wickes ones which are as
good as new) Take the time to seal the bottom edges of the chipboard with
50-50 diluted waterproof PVA wood glue and allow to dry before assembly. If
you ever get a water leak in the future, this will significantly reduce the
water absorbed by the carcases. Without this precaution they will soak up
water and swell and have the strength of Weetabix.

Regards

Bob