BEAR

David Anderson wrote:

Any suggestions for a good homemade total immersion type chemical
cleaner/degreaser for antique mechanical restoration project? The hot
degreaser tanks used by automotive engine rebuilders comes to mind, but last
time I checked, the chemicals were only available in 55-gallon drums, and
work best when hot. How about a 5-gallon tank, for example? Maybe some kind
of witches brew I could mix myself? Dave

FYI, standard industrial "floor stripper" is both purple and essentially
the same as the branded Castrol stuff, afaik. The usual USA "wholesale
clubs" SAMS and BJs both used to sell the "floor stripper" in gal and 5
gal pails... or else go to a wholsale floor finish supply place.

Half a step milder than that is "Mean Green" or "somethingorother
Thunder" sold in stores like Family Dollar here on the USA East Coast...
both work very nicely on grease and oil, etc...

_-_-bear