I think of a rotary phase converter consisting of a three phase motor
as a motor generator. Of course I think of a single phase motor as a
motor generator too. Works for me, but apparently not for a lot of
people.
If you did not have the back EMF generated in a motor, the motor would
draw a huge amount of current.

Dan

jim rozen wrote:

As others have suggested, motor-generator setups are not typically
found in this application. The rotary phase converer which consists
of a large three-phase motor, acting as a sort of rotary transformer,
has rotating elements and will provide nearly factory-fresh 3~
power, and can run many machines at once.
Jim

please reply to: