KLS

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:38:47 -0500, Vic Dura
wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 15:00:16 GMT, in alt.home.repair Keeping dogs
out of the yard "Charlie S." wrote:

Most everyone in the neighborhood has a fenced in yard. So, that means any
stray dogs or more likely the dog next door find our yard a convenient place
to do his business from time to time. I've thought of putting up a fence or
even talking to the neighbor about his dog. Neither idea appeals to me.

Outside of doing any thing drastic, like shooting the dog, anyone have any
ideas how to keep the dog(s) out without putting up a barrier.

Try a couple of pounds of hot chili power and sprinkle liberally
around the perimeter. You can get it in pound size from SAMS and maybe
cheaper from a restaurant supply house. It works on a smaller scale to
keep my dogs and cats out of areas I don't want them to go into.

Do you think this would work to encourage a rabbit to relocate from my
city backyard? I've already started urinating around the perimeter of
my detached garage, where I think it hides out, but I'd like to get
the creature to leave asap so my dog stops eating its poop pellets.