Doug Miller

In article , "RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:
Doug, I've seen that many times myself. There are certainly types of
fixtures that mount close to ceilings that produce a lot of heat and are
fire hazards,

No, it's not the fixture that's a fire hazard. The hazard is in using bulbs
that are too hot for the fixture. That's why limits are posted.

however I still believe that a lot of these ratings are more
for liability than safety

Believe what you wish. The fact remains that, when installed correctly and
used with bulbs that do not exceed their rating, fixtures of any type are safe
- and the use of bulbs that do exceed the rating can be dangerous.

--
Regards,