David Lang

"Brian"
wrote in message

I'm having a new bathroom fitted with an over the bath shower
(thermostatic mixer valve) and want to tile the walls and floor. As I've
had problems in the past with the seal between the bath and the tiles,
I've been told to fit the bath first and then tile the walls so that the
tiles are resting on the bath edge, that way if the sealant ever fails the
water from the shower will (hopefully) not drip out of the bath and into
the floor below.

One good tip, fill the bath with water prior to applying the sealant. That
way, any 'give' will be on your side, if you follow my drift.

Dave