Andy Hall

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:18:19 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Well. yes and no. Per unit area, yes, if left with curtains undrawn.

BUT.

(i) Windows are a small fraction of the total wall area
(ii) heat gain through them even in winter sun is considerable
(iii) if draightproof and tioghtly closed, use of thick interlined and
lined curtains turns them into a perfect insulation sandwich.

I've got single glazed windows but well curtained and sealed, and
believe me, they keep the cold out. Condensation is the most problematic
in the rooms without open fires

All true apart from a)... it's a conservatory......

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl