The Natural Philosopher

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On 22 Jul 2005 15:52:47 -0700, wrote:

And I mean a real noticeable difference, not a "green pen"
difference.

double blind or uncontrolled?

Uncontrolled, listened to some stuff, changed the cables listened to
the same stuff, easyly detectable difference. Hence my use of "not a
"green pen" difference" but no doubt as it wasn't double blind you'll
call me liar, so FOAD.

Definitely.

It's even theoretically predictable.

I've done tests with a variable output impedance power amplifier coupled
to open backed loudspeakers for guitar use, and boy can you tell the
difference between current drive and voltage drive...

Admittedly this is an extreme case, but even small differences are
distinctly audible.

It's a long time ago, but IIRC it sounds most notceable on bass reflex,
open backed or labyrinth type speakers. Its not so bad on infinite
baffle sealed enclosures.