Roger R

"Chris McBrien" wrote in message
. ..
The only rhymn I know in that department is:

Some Old Hags... Sine(Theta) = Opposite / Hypotenuse

Carry A Huge... Cosine(Theta) = Adjacent / Hypotenuse

Tub Of Ale... Tan(Theta) = Opposite / Adjacent

ok.
The phrases we had we

Suet Pudding Hot = Sine(angle) =Perpendicular / Hypotenuse.

Cold Boiled Ham = Cos(angle) = Base / Hypotenuse

Tea Pot Boiling = Tan(angle) = Perpendicular / Hypotenuse

Where angle = the included angle in degrees.
(We also used to call this Theta)
Apart from the different synonyms our phrases viewed the triangle as
'upright', that is with the right angle at one of the lower corners,
whereas your rhymns enable the user to imagine the triangle in any
orientation.

Roger