Mike in Mystic

i use it for featherboards and my coping sled. The top to my table is 1.75"
thick. I doubt a 3/8" deep dado is going to weaken it in any way enough to
cause flex. It hasn't going on 5 years with a PC 7518 hanging under it.

Mike

"MikeG" wrote in message
link.net...
Hi,

I am building a new router table and was wondering if I should include a
miter slot in the top. I have not used the one in my old table very much,
but that is probably because my old table really sucks and I don't use it
for much of anything.

Do you use your router table miter slots a lot? Would some sort of sled
referencing off the fence be just as good. Is there a downside to having
a miter slot in a router table?

The top will be 1.5 inch MDF with high pressure laminate on both sides,
and edge banded in walnut. (it's what I have currently available).

Thanks for your input.

MikeG