World Traveler

"Sherman" wrote in message

There is an L shaped cement sidewalk in front of my house that has
sunk 6 inches in 20 years. It is 18 feet total lenght with the L at 9
feet from the ends. No partitions at all.

Anyway to lift it?

Before you spend much effort to lift the walk, you'd better check on why it
sank in the first place. If it's being undercut by waterflow from your roof
or some other hydrologic problem you'll need to solve that problem.

In my case, the house I moved into had a sidewalk that sloped the wrong way,
and also started to sink at one place. We briefly considered trying to
relevel everything, but decided to remove altogether and replace with paving
blocks. For not much more than the cost of fixing it we now have a much
better-looking walkway with inset garden beds. We're in the final steps of
completing the project and I'll post photos in a few days.

(Correcting the slope of the walk also fixed the erosion problem that had
caused the sidewalk to crack and sink) --

Regards --