Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
It is an exceedingly clever system, but my personal opinion is that it
is too complex electronically to be long term viable.

Do you think the electronics will break down? Well it is a management
system, and all cars have them.

Err, which other cars have ultra high current/voltage management systems?
Engine ECUs on a conventional car run on a mixture of 5 and 12 volt rails,
using common and proved components.

Most hybrid cars by all makers are to have the Toyota system.

'Are to have'. You've been at your crystal ball again.

Water cooled 500V electric motors with 50KW inverters driving them
does not sound economically repairable by my local garage!

The whole drivetrain, except the petrol motor is guaranteed 8 years.
They would have an exchange system for such items.

Could you please state a UK website to back up this claim? I can't find
warranty details on the Toyota GB site, and I've read 5 years. What the US
warranty may be is neither here nor there.

Toyota have just crushed all their RAV4 EVs which they sold in
California, claiming that they were only prototype and would not meet
product liability claims! About 1000 AIUI.

As have all makers in the US, despite protests. Mitsubishi hare going
EV in a big way in about 4 years, using small wheel mounted motors.

Only time will tell.

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses. *

Dave Plowman London SW