quietguy

Good point

David

Phil Allison wrote:

"quietguy"
Not necessarily - some VCR feed to the TV per RF to a no
station-on-there-channel, and not via an AV input - if this is the case
then could still be a tuner prob

**Quote:

" I am repairing this Teac TV ctm687 which has a grainy picture on all
channels; even when using the vcr (however the tapes play a normal
picture. "

How come it plays OK with tape as the source???

..... Phil

Phil Allison wrote:

"Arpit"

from the sounds of it, the tuner is not at fault.
THis is becasue you said the picture is still grainy when you use the
vcr, which I'm assuming means when you have the vcr connected to the
AV inputs and using , thus, the VCRs tuner to watch tv. I'd check your
antenna wiring and connectors.

** You are correct.

The OP simply has a bad antenna.

The OP is an absolute dickhead.