Maybe not, but consider how the Gauls (remember Vercingetorix?) gave
the Romans fits. There was Napoleon, but that's another story. Again-
a lot longer history than we're familiar with, and more time to
experience learning curve about results of war. If "no" does that
imply some sort of diminished acceptability? Or is it quite
irrelevant?

Let me turn it around. In all of history, has any one individual made
the decision to commit a nuclear-armed country to war against a far
smaller one, equipped, to boot, with russian military hardware? But
wait, there's mo without understanding the implications and costs of
winning such a war, in spite of advice from SecState.

"Bring it on."

TTFN4