carl mciver

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
| bw wrote:
|
| Just pour a half-gallon of "liquid drain cleaner" in a 5 gallon plastic
| bucket and add a couple gallons warm water.
| As others have said, all the heavy cleaners and hot tanks use caustic
lye
| solutions, with maybe some surfactant.
|
| By the way that purple Castrol has -- you guessed it -- lye as one of its
| ingredients.
|
| GWE

Which is why that stuff burns on my numerous bodily holes and leaks! I
never knew what the active ingredient was, it just worked great. Useful to
know, I guess.
I use it thinned for a general purpose kitchen cleaner, so much so that
SWMBO finally quit buying that expensive stuff. Small victories. Works
great on everything. I did use it once to help clean [part of a filthy RV,
which wasn't wise as it faded the paint. Oops!
For carb bodies and other aluminum parts, I rinse the parts in really
hot water to heat them up. Spray the part and let is sit for awhile.
Coffee cans work fine for settling tanks as I can reuse the runoff liquid.
Scrub a bit again while soaking, and then rinse sparkling clean.
Just wish it came in 5 gallon buckets!