Edwin Pawlowski

"Sherman" wrote in message

I just dumped my refrigerator Ice Bin into the sink. I'm tired of
getting old Ice from my ice dispenser. After a week or so the ice
picks up an 'old ice' smell or taste. I have it triple filtered so I
don't think that is the problem.

It may need more than just filtering. A filter will remove rust, most bad
taste, certain other organics that can be found in water, but thee may be
some other factor getting past. Have you ever had the water tested? You may
be high in a particular mineral, or sulfur, or something that is causing the
odor in time.

Ice will absorb other odors. You may not notice that garlic or old gunk
under the trays but it may be getting absorbed in the ice.