PipeDown

IF this method is to work on such a large angled piece without cracking you
will need multiple jacking points and a wooden beam to support the cement
temporarily wouldn't hurt either.

As an alternative to hydrolic jacks would be to slip a lift bag under
instead. This is esentially a heavy duty bag you fill with water or
compressed air and it does the lifting as it inflates. This will distribute
the load more evenly.

In the end you may have to accept some cracks or dig it up and do it over.
"M Simon" wrote in message
I had a smaller section do the same. I dug away a few feet from the side
of the sidewalk so I could have access. In 2 sections I dug deep enough to
get a small hydraulic jack underneath. (you might need 3 or 4). I jacked
the sections up about an inch higher than I wanted and packed the void
under the sidewalk with dirt and sand as best I could. When I released the
jack it settled back down to almost level over a few days. I backfilled
the trench on the side and in a few weeks the grass had covered. I moved 2
years later and it was still level.

"Sherman" wrote in message

There is an L shaped cement sidewalk in front of my house that has
sunk 6 inches in 20 years. It is 18 feet total lenght with the L at 9
feet from the ends. No partitions at all.

Anyway to lift it?