Brian Anderson

I should add that I already tried to use a screw extractor, but I wasn't
able to drill into the broken bolt far enough to hammer the extractor in.

Brian Anderson wrote:
I'm trying to drill out some very old (but recently broken) Tapcon bolts
from a brick wall. They are 3/16" diameter bolts, and I tried using a
3/16" Titanium bit, but it didn't get me anywhere. I also tried
drilling a smaller 5/64" starter hole, also with a Titanium bit, but
that didn't work either. I am using a Black and Decker 3/8" corded drill.

Do I need a more powerful drill, or should I be using a different kind
of bit? Any suggestions are appreciated.

BTW, these bolts are about 20' up the wall. They held the letters of an
old sign, and the bolts broke when the letters were being removed for
repair. We'd like to put the letters back up in the same place they
were before, using 1/4" Tapcon bolts.

Thanks!