calhoun

"RB" wrote in message
.. .
Are randomly selected portable home generator sets close enough in
frequency and voltage to be used in parallel feed situations?

All references point out that the gensets to be parallelled must match
frequency and voltage.

There's a ton of stuff through Google on parallelling generators. Most of
it, though, is for big plants, and multi-phase.

I'm just wondering if the portable gensets bought out of Home Depot,
Walmart, Lowes, etc, can be parallelled without problems? What I'm hoping
is to hear from someone who's done it, and that it works.

I don't know what gens HD.Lowes etc sell. I know Honda makes a genset that
can be hooked to another. It is a DC generator that provides AC though an
inverter. This allows it to be parallel with another gen. I really don't see
the purpose. Unless you need 2 generators at 2 different places but also
need one large. It would be better just to buy the size you need and not
mess around with hooking 2 together.