G Henslee

Doug Kanter wrote:
"BobK207" wrote in message
ups.com...

Yes this totally doable.

I used a Porter Cable "Saw Boss" (small diameter circular saw) with a
segmented dry diamond blade.

OK - let's throw in another variable. My bathroom counter (ancient) has
regular 4.25" tiles on the surface. It meets the wall behind it, which has
the same tiles. The counter has to go soon, but I want to leave the wall
tiles in place. Maybe etch the grout junction by hand or with a skinny
Dremel bit, to separate the two surfaces?

That'd work for the grout. But if the deck and splash are mudset you're
glong to have cleanly cut through to the cabinet base to seperate them.
Not easy thing but doable with proper tools.