Peter

On 21 Jul 2005 21:02:49 -0700, "BobK207" wrote:

Yes this totally doable.

I used a Porter Cable "Saw Boss" (small diameter circular saw) with a
segmented dry diamond blade. It cuts through tile & tile grout like
butter. Very dusty operation; eye, ear & dust protection needed (not
those silly white ones but real one). I used a small shop vac with a
HEPA filter on the dust port of the saw.

Just recently I knocked down & cut up a 8' x 25' stucco garage wall.
Removed the studs & top plate from the inside of the wall dropped it
onto five 2x4 sleepers. Made five vertical cuts & two horizontal
(through the stucco & wire) so I had easily handled
pieces. Once the studs were removed & the wall pushed over; it took
about 20 minutes to do the cuts & a few more for a couple of guys to
toss the chunks in a truck & away they went

The diamond saw works fine on tile & grout but just burns the wood. I
would err on the side of not deep enough & just crack the cement if
need be. The important issue is to get through the wire.

cheers
Bob

Thanks !!! Your detailed answer is very much appreciated !!

It sounds like knocking out the garage wall was more fun than
work. Guess that's what happens with the right tools!!

Thanks again !!!

Peter.