Ron Robinson

Hi Tom,

Your last paragraph probably summed up the economics of the craft. It may
even be a bit optimistic. But, who is to say that you can't work your way
into that elite 2%?

Moving up the page. $10,000 is a hefty investment for a beginner. And you
are likely right again. To recoup $10,000 you are going to have to sell of a
bunch of widgets.

Your assertion that wood turners are a warm and friendly group is also right
on the money. That is, to some of us, a primary reason we turn. Being a bit
long in the tooth myself, and a member of that sea of white hair, has
afforded me the opportunity to have checked out a number of hobbies. These
are some of the things that has kept me spinning wood.

1. The beauty of the wood.
2. The thrill of creativity.
3. The camaraderie with like minded souls.
4. The chance to sell enough "Genuine, one of a kind, hand crafted
treasures" to pay for the hobby.
5. The opportunity to pass on some of that excitement to other fledgling
turners.

Welcome aboard.

Ron Robinson
East Texas