Robert Swinney

I'd be surprised to find a home shop type drill press that could run slow
enough to run a hole saw that size in steel.

Harold

Yep, Harold. Me too! Most folks don't view the hole saw as a machine
tool - one that has a specific range of speed and feed. The same with
trepanning-type circle "cutters". And reamers - aren't they all the same as
that tapered, sheet metal reamer Granpa used to use? I think the term
"cutter" is what sucks us in. If it says "cutter" anywhere on the label, it
must be easy and safe to use as scissors and other cutters we grew up with.

Bob (Please don't take me back to the old days) Swinney