Brian Lawson

Hey Randy,

I've got a chuck I don't use a lot with the same symptoms, but have
not tried anything yet. Mine's the same, in that the scroll works
fine with-out the jaws in place. I did intend to experiment to find
out if just a single jaw was the culprit by trying them one at a time.
Maybe after I see the conclusion of this thread I'll give some of
these ideas a shot. Please let us know how you make out.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:07:05 GMT, "Randy Zimmerman"
wrote:

Next time I have a slow day I guess I will take it apart again. I ran my
fingers in the slots trying to feel a burr and on the sides of the jaws.
This is after flushing the grooves with a solvent soaked toothbrush. It is
odd that all three jaws are stiff right from their entrance in the slots. I
will try the stoning next.
Randy

"Bob May" wrote in message
Look for scrape marks on the jaws and chuck itself. After you have
ascertained where the problem is, do a gentle stoning with an extra fine
stone and the jaws will probably start moving nice and silkily.

--
Why isn't there an Ozone Hole at the NORTH Pole?