jerry wass

jim rozen wrote:
In article , B.B.
says...

At work a guy is reaming out a hole to a larger size in a frame rail
on a truck. His reamer starts squealing like a banshee. I say, "Hey,
how about a little cutting oil?"
He looked at me like I was an idiot and told me that it'll dull the
reamer and take chunks out of it in nothing flat.

I bet they have a *lot* of dull reamers where those folks work.

Note: never lend them any of your reamers.

Using lube oil on reamers is bad. Turning them backwards is bad.
Running them too fast, is bad.

Jim

I BOUGHT A TRUCK FRAME REAMER 10 OR 15 YRS AGO--3/4" DIAMETER W/ 1/2"
SHANK & 3 FLATS.. THEY RECOMMENDED THEIR SPRAY CUTTING
LUBE/COOLANT..BEST BUY I EVER MADE.--Can is long gone, but I remember,
the reamer would immediately start cutting faster & easier & you didn't
have to slow down till you were done! With a spray can you get even
coating (cooling) and the waste is practically nil, especially with
a 2nd person helping.