AndyM

Default Halogen Lighting and Touch Dimmer compatiblity

"BigWallop" wrote in message
news
AndyM wrote:
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a halogen ceiling light from Ikea - "Fartyg"

to be
precise, and a touch sensitive dimmer from B&Q

(http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produc...1&entryFlag=fa
lse&PRODID=170591&paintCatId=&maxBullets=999).

Are they compatible to use together?

The dimmer states it can be used with:
- Most dimmable electronic low voltage transformers (including those
requiring trailing-edge control)
- GU10 or similar HiSpot mains halogen bulbs
Not suitable for:
- Wire-wound or toridal transformers

How do I know what sort the light has? I've contacted Ikea but have yet

get an answer.
What would happen if I were to use the two and they weren't compatible?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

You say the light fitting has "GU10 or similar HiSpot mains halogen bulbs"

so
they are mains voltage and not low voltage so a dimmer should be fine.

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, its the dimmer that supports the GU10 bulbs. The
light has 12V bulbs I think.

Andy