No electric heaters.

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 04:12:20 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"

In preping house to sell was running dedicated circuit to bathroom for
gfi socket as bathroom had no socket only only light switch.
discovered that all upstairs (bathroom and 3 bedrooms) were on 2 (two)
20 amp breakers that were ganged. Also found the old wiring was 14
gage. I will of course be replacing the breakers with 15 amp
breakers. Anyone have any idea why the breakers were ganged and when
replaced must I also use ganged 15s or just one for each of the two

circuits?

Do you have electric heaters on those circuit? I
would suspect that someone ganged the breakers
with two wires instead of using one heavy wire.