Default removing a strip nut (faucet) HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am doing home today. I turned off the main water supply. I remove the
handle screw with a Philips screwdriver. Lift it up the handle.
However, I unscrew the packing nut from the faucet body with a locking
plier. I have strip the packing nut. After, I try using a 3/4-socket
set. It is hardy moving. What should I do?

Does brass cartridge are more likely to be wear and tear?
Why do they use brass for compression faucet?
When should I replace the O-Ring and Washers?
Do the chlorine in the water eat away the rubber?