James Sweet

"Victor Roberts" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:46:19 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

If this strip light has a 40-watt ballast it should not be used with
25-watt lamps, as they will have a very short life. If it has a
25-watt ballast, especially an L-C ballast that produces very poor
lamp current crest factor, I recommend you get one with a decent
40-watt ballast.

Every single tube strip light I've seen has a ballast rated for 36-48"

tubes
which runs either one at about 25W. They're ok for 36" tubes but

worthless
for 48".

You need to look for commercial grade fixtures, such as the
Lithonia S 1 40 120 ES strip light. This is designed for a 4-foot,
34-watt T12 lamp. Grainger lists this fixture for $25.30.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...506256&ccitem=

I always just use the cheap fixtures and put a decent electronic ballast in
them, those 34W energy saver tubes are a joke, a 32W T8 on a HF electronic
ballast is substantially brighter.