Phil Scott

"SQLit" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I painted with latex using my 1/2 HP airless sprayer and
didn't clean
it afterwards, now I am paying the price. I tried cleaning
the clogging
by running paint thinner thru it but it only pushes out a
little bit of
the liquid. I tried for it to expel liquid via both the
spray outlet
and the other outlet, I don't know what its called but its
the outlet
when the knob is set to PRIME. Is there some other liquid
to try it
with or some other remedy?

Time to take the painting areas apart and clean them. Scotch
Bright, a non
scratching cleaning cloth will work with WD-40 as a bit of
help.
Depend on the way it is made you may need new parts.

Have you taken the gun apart and cleaned it? The pump could
be working while
the nozzle could be the problem.
Just guessing mind ya

If its a wagner the little plastic thingies in the spray head
swell up in time and with paint thinner and need to be
replaced.

Phil Scott