Owain

Ade wrote:
As I have plenty of spare ways in the consumer board, (I have installed
2 * 12way split MK boards) can I run a single radial 2.5mm cable to
each outlet

Yes

and use the MCB as a means of isolation on the rare
occasion it is required?

No, because

(a) MCBs are single pole, and isolation requires double pole isolation

(b) the MCBs are not under the control (within sight) of anyone working
on the appliances, so you would have to use lock-off MCBs

However plug and (unswitched) socket are accepted method of isolation. I
would have the sockets in the cupboards below the worktop, next to the
gaps for the appliances. Means you don't have to pull the appliance out
to change a fuse. Then you would'nt need isolating switches.

You could also use a gridswitch panel with 20A DP switches and fuses to
provide isolation to a number of unswitched, unfused 15A sockets (one on
each MCB circuit). This also allows you to put the appliances on a
non-RCD protected circuit. (Unless you have TT earthing, in which case
you can put them on the 100mA rather than the 30mA side of a split load
CU). You can get the gridswitch panel engraved with designations for the
switches.

If I need the isolating switches, can I supply double socket rather
than single outlets?

Subject to the constraint that double sockets aren't necessarily rated
at 2 x 13A full load. AIUI they only have to be rated at 20A.

We have a duel fuel , gas / electric range cooker which needs a supply.
I intended running a 6MM^2 to a outlet behind the cooker. Do I need an
above worktop switch?

Yes

Can it be inside a cupboard?

Needs to be within 2m of the cooker; I would prefer NOT to be in a
cupboard, as someone unfamiliar with the house might need to switch the
appliance off quickly in an emergency.

Can I use the MCB as a means of isolation?

No; see above.

can I run cable horizontally between above worktop sockets?

Yes.

How close to the sink can electric sockets be?

Close as you like provided they are suitable for the environment, ie
place them well out of splashing distance.

If you have a Building Regs application for your extension, have you
included the wiring on that application - it will therefore be compliant
with Part P?

Owain