Swingman

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

For real toughness, without bluster, I would go for the British Royal
Marines. I met a few of them when I was in USMC. Impressive types,
almost no bull**** or chicken****, just well trained and rugged.

Once you know the score, you can tell immediately when you meet one of the
type.

I happened to make the acquaintance of a BRM last summer when I was over
there for my oldest daughter's wedding. Older guy, at least older than the
bride and groom's friends gathered for the occasion, in his mid forties or
so. His quiet, but somehow solid demeanor and penetrating look reminded me
immediately of the "sneaky pete's" I knew along the Cambodian border in the
late 60's ... the guys who operated. _alone_ in the jungle for weeks at a
time. No matter who trains them, these guys all seem to have that same look
in their eye. AAMOF, in an aside after first meeting him, I asked my SIL if
Del was in the military, and that's when I got the story on his history.

You somehow instinctively know that this is someone you want on your side

www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/12/05