Duane Bozarth

I'm not clear on how government action, by Carter or any other
adminstration created a problem the utilities need to clean up.

Perhaps you could explain via email, or followup to an appriate
newsgroup as that would no longer be a woodworking topic.

Perhaps I could, but your address doesn't appear to be a valid one so
I'll just post as OT response...I guess if you want to followup you
could go to alt.engineering.nuclear.

Re the question, I wasn't totally clear what was meant either, hence the
multiple question marks. I thought I'd take a chance however and was
alluding to the cessation of consideration for review and ultimate
approval/licensing by the NRC of reprocessing which was one of Mr
Jimmy's edicts and which ultimately ended up in monitored retrieval and
the snafu at spent fuel pools...

As for your apparent wish for an unspecified something else, I'll simply
note the investment in environmental cleanups for fossil isn't
inconsequential, either, and aren't over. That ratepayers will pay for
power costs is a given in a market economy. I'm not sure exactly what
your contention is here in order to actually respond....