David

nospambob wrote:
My history with Flecto Varathane goes back to the 50s and working with
oil based shtuff was the norm. Several tries of the upstart WB
products certainly didn't convince me they were even headed in the
right direction. Update to today, all is well! Oil stuff is phasing
out of the cabinet being replaced with WB stuff including WB lacquer.
Get a small can of Varathane Diamond (believe that's the WB) gloss and
TRY it, you might be pleasantly pleased!

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:48:12 -0700, David wrote:

nospambob wrote:

I was with you right up to the part about the "gloss". I made the
mistake of applying gloss to some fluted door trim and rosettes. I had
to recoat with semi and even that was a tad shinier than I like.
Satin's more my pleasure. But as far as the product goes, I'll concede
that Diamond may be a whole nuther ball game than their other stuff I've
used in years past.

Dave

Dave