rrh

Default Another CORGI gas question: bayonet connections

Sorry, this is probably an old chestnut, but googling the group doesn't give
me the answer.

Once a CORGI person has connected up a gas cooker with the usual flexible
hose into bayonet fitting, is it sensible for the average DIYer to
occasionally disconnect it in order to move the cooker out - eg to fit new
flooring - then push it back in and connect it up again? I know it's not
illegal to do it for oneself but that's not my point; I don't feel competent
to do any gas work whatsoever myself and don't want to do even this simple
thing if there is a safety risk I might not be able to spot or fix.

On the other hand if this apparent no-brainer really is OK then I don't want
to waste a hundred nicker (going rate here in sunny Norf London) on getting
a CORGI bod in for a five minute job.