Dave W

Bernie,
If your neighbor gets ahead of you, and you have some, just use some
scrap latex paint on the ends of the logs. That is all I ever use and
have had no problems. Of course, I live in Georgia where the
humidity is always high. cut your logs long enough so you can
trim off any checking that occurs in the short term.
I have a piece of sycamore that is painted on both ends that has
been outside for about 4 months and it has no checking.
If you need to buy some latex, you can usually buy returns of
custom mixed cheap at Lowes, Home Depot or some paint stores.
Lot cheaper than Anchor Seal.
Dave

"Bernie Hunt" wrote in message
I was hoping to pick some up today while out running errands, till I found
out they have no distribution on the island, hahahaha. I ended up ordering
from UCC directly. It will be here in a couple of days. Hopefully in time
before the tree man cuts down the neighbor's sycamore tree. Unfortunately
they are in the wrong end of NY for me, hahaha.

Bernie