Ken Sterling

Ah ha !! Now I know how they get the better "gas mileage numbers"
on the new cars !! Check the odometer yourself -- most of the
freeways have the mile markers on a small post along the side of
the road (and most have finally figured out how to use that for the
exit number which makes sense). Anyway, do 20 or 30 miles
down the freeway and note how your numbers compare to the
freeway markers. (you can also check the speed easily at
60 mph -- 5 miles = 5 minutes etc.)

mikey

"BW" wrote in message
I finally broke down and bought a new buick, 05 LeSabre, and got rid of my
old car with more miles than I care to think of.

I just picked up the new one and drove from Florida to MA, a trip I've

taken
at least 20 times with 4 different vehicles. The milage has ALWAYS been

1245
+/- 10 miles. Most times it's within 2-3 miles (a creature of habit I

guess.
Same places for gas, same hotel, same restaurants).

The new car read 1321 miles and when I spoke with the local dealer up here
says he hasn't heard of any problems like this.

Anybody heard of similar problems with GM products ? I'd like to have some
info before it goes into the shop.

Thanks,

BW

PLUS.... your mileage warranty runs out sooner.....
Ken.