Ian

Thanks for the reply. I would hire an electrician if I was installing
something from scratch, but changing like for like shouldn't be too much of
a problem. In this case it seems to be a problem, so I will probably hire in
an electrician to sort things out for me. If anyone has any other
suggestions I will be all ears!

Ian
"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Can you help me - what have I done wrong?

You failed to hire an electrician.

I'm all in favour of DIY electrics for those who understand the principles.
Those who don't might find them less likely to burn down the house by
bringing in professional help when the basic principles are not understood.

Christian.