Dave

check your fixture its probably stamped on it and painted over. Most
fixtures say 60 watt bulbs is the limit. there'd no reason why you can't mix
bulbs that are 60 or under.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I would like to ask questions related to a lighting fixture in my
bathroom.

1. Can I mix 40-watts and 25-watts light bulbs into one lighting
fixture? The lighting fixture allows me to put 6 light bulbs into it.
But I have no idea what's the manufacturer suggestion of the right kind
of light bulbs for the lighting fixture because the lighting fixture
was already in the house when I bought the house, and I don't have any
documentation about the lighting fixture. I am thinking of putting in
25-watts light bulbs to it in order to save some electricity. But I
already put in some 40-watts light bulbs in it already (I didn't know
any better at that time). Am I going to have a problem if I mix
25-watts and 40-watts light bulbs in the same lighting fixture?

2. How much light do I need in a small bathroom anyway? I am trying to
figure out if I am making the right decision in using 25-watts light
bulbs instead of 40-watts ones. The bathroom is only 5'x8'. One
40-watts light bulb will provide 415-ju..(spelling). Six 40-watts light
bulbs will provide totally 2490-ju... One 250-watts light bulb will
provide around 250-ju... Six 25-watts light bulbs will provide totally
around 1500-ju... Is 1500-ju... bright enough for a small 5'x8'
bathroom?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan