Bob

FDR wrote:

"Bob" wrote in message
.. .

This is my first visit to this group, so the question may be a repeat.
I am thinking about installing a return pipe on my hot water feed to the
kitchen to reduce the amount of cold water that is wasted before the hot
water has reached the sink.
Where is the best place to make the connection close to the hot water
tank? It takes nearly four litres of cold water to run through the pipes
before the hot water arrives. I have lots of pipe and connections left
over from different projects and I might as well use them for this. My
ceiling is easy to access. My problem is knowing where to connect near the
tank.
I have also read that some people have installed a "U" near the tank to
reduce the loss of heat when hot water is not being drawn for use. Anyone
have any details about this idea?
Many thanks for your ideas.

Bob

This was covers on a Ask this Old House episode. I'm sure they have it on
their website.

Somebody else mentionned the show. I never thought about
checking their web site. Thank you for idea.

Bob