Todd Fatheree

"John Emmons" wrote in message
Every time I see one of these, I try to remember which country it was who
came to the aid of the colonies in their efforts to rid themselves of
British rule.

And it was out of their sheer love and admiration for us. No, really.

Ironic isn't it, we fought the Germans twice and the Japanese, accused

them
of horrendous war crimes

Are you saying they weren't responsible for war crimes? Quick...someone get
the Nuremburg War Crimes tribunal on the phone.

now the U.S. is one of if not the largest trading partner with both of

those countries.

Actually, we're 2nd on both lists behind China (Japan) and France!
(Germany). Where the hell are you going with this?

During World War 2 we allied ourselves with the French people, who unlike

any American, then or now,
knew firsthand the effects of being occupied by a foreign power.

They've certainly been occupied by the best.

Apparently those war criminals we fought so bravely against are ok so long

as they're
manufacturing something we want to buy.

I'm guessing most of the war criminals from WWII are busy pushing up daisies
right now. And I still don't know where the hell you're going with this.

I wonder if the reticence of the French to back Mr. Bush's folly in Iraq

had
anything to do with their experiences in WW2? Or perhaps they remember
better than we do the tremendous waste of lives in that little conflict

in
Indochina.

Or perhaps they were getting a sweetheart deal if the Oil for Bribes,
errrr....I mean Food program.

I'd also like to see some brave internet keyboard warrior tell a French
Foreign Legionnaire to his face that he's a coward.

You're aware that roughly 70% of Legionnaires are not French, yes? Kinda
undermines whatever point you were attempting to make.

John Emmons

todd