Doug Miller

In article , Dan Major wrote:
I like to work with purpleheart. With care and the right tools (to avoid
burning), one can get dramatic contrasts and spectacular pieces. I'm
always in a hurry though. I want to complete the piece, sand it out, and
slap on some finish. The problem is, for those not familiar with this
species of wood, purpleheart when freshly cut is a medium brown - a lot
like mahogany, and only over time develops a deep, rich purple color. How
can I speed this process up?

Sunlight.

--
Regards,