stuart noble

Default Cutting floor tiles: Electric or Hand Operated cutter?

Wanderer wrote in message ...
Yup, go for an electric tile cutter. Floor tile are bloody hard, and
despite what the pro tiler told you, they don't cut that easily!

All tiles are hard but I assure you the type of hand cutter being discussed
snaps them perfectly every time. You could literally do it with your eyes
closed, having never tiled before. Score, snap. There, I've done one
already:-)
The only time I use a saw is if the offcut is less than half an inch or if
you're cutting a rectangle out round a socket (and then only for the shorter
of the two cuts). If I were a good tiler I wouldn't even use it for that.
Let's not forget that the saw was originally developed for marble. You don't
cut tiles with a saw for the same reason you don't cut glass with a saw.