kevin

What you seem to think as "temporary" might actually be fine, more or
less permanently. Maybe not -- can't tell from here.

Wood shims are not a big deal. They won't "crush" any time soon. If,
eventually, after decades they do crush (or, more likely, get wet and
rot, or something), the fix is to just hammer a new shim in.

Of course, if it is a matter of the walls not being able to support the
load, then yes, you need to look in to new footings or something.

The temporary floor jacks are also permanent. They should last a few
decades, and if you don't have a moisture problem, many decades. The
"right" way to do it is cut a hole in the concrete (4" thick is
typical, thinner is common but not great), dig down a bit, and put in a
decent sized block of concrete on which to set the jack. On the other
hand, just spreading the load works pretty well in practice, just using
a think wood block, or a poured concrete block on top of the floor.

If it were me: I'd check the walls and floor for cracks, crumbling, and
settling, especially near the joist slots and jack posts. If everything
seems to be sound, I might not worry about it at all. Maybe just check
the shims to see if they need to be pounded in a little harder.