Edwin Pawlowski

"Larry Bud" wrote in message

I tested our water at work, at the Pesticide test came back as a
positive. In this test, you put the strip in a sample for 10 minutes,
and if the two lines are of equal darkness, or if the line next to the
#2 is darker than the #1, then Houston, we have a problem.... I'm also
waiting for the bacteria test to cook up...

What do people suggest as the next step in the process? A more detail
test from a lab?

There are plenty of labs that can give you accurate testing. The test
strips are usually a good indicator, but a lab will be much more precise.
If you want to properly treat the water, you must be precise.

In addition to the Pesticide test, it shows that we have hard water at
work (between 120-250 ppm). Odd since we're supposed to be on Detroit
city water, which is of general good quality. I can't find any
evidence that hard water is necessarily bad health wise, but does
anyone suggest I get a professional lab to tell us exactly WHAT is in
the water?

Detroit may have good water, but it may be hard. Not a concern at all,
maybe a benefit.
http://ianrpubs.unl.edu/water/g1274.htm

You may also have more that one water source. I have three to deal with at
work, one from the city, plus two wells. The wells are about 500 yards
apart and have very different chemical makeup.

In order to take the right steps, you must have a a proper analysis and then
a professional can tell you what to do to rectify anything that must be
treated. Often, a simple filtering device is all that is needed for
drinking water. Washing and sanitary is generally not a problem unless the
chemical is something that can affect you by touching as well as ingestion.

Have a professional do the evaluation. Water testing can range from free,
to $500 or more depending on what you are looking for. Want to check out
that alga or bacteria? http://www.buckman.com/eng/micro101/micro.htm