kip

Sounds like a bad filter cap in the SMPS section..

kip
"Bram Stolk" wrote in message
This (Large screen) TV keeps coming back on my workbench with the label
""DEAD""
Actually it is NOT dead, the LED turns RED when mainpower is applied, but
it refuses to accept any REMCO or Front Panel commands.
Just letting the set sitting idle for 3 minutes brings back all LIFE to
its circuits and it plays as advertised with vivid sound and colours.....

Switching it OFF via the REMCO or Front Panel and trying it again to
powerup works as one would expect. I.e. perfect within seconds.

Pulling the main powercord and leaving the set unpowered for a week or so,
brings back the initial failure to switch on properly. Again, just sit and
wait for 3 or 4 minutes will restore normal operations.

As the Manual for this model does not warn for prolongued warm-up periods
I feel that some capacitor(s) has lost it's Farads resulting into this
extremely long power-up period required.

I checked numerous Caps for ESR but really could not pinpoint the
defective circuit. As normal ops always returns in a few minutes I have
not much chance to do any scoping and/or probing.

Is there any most likely cause of problem or any suggestion to disable one
or more protection circuits ?

TIA

Bram Stolk