Bubba

The "(ugh) poly" tells me something. I'm open to ideas. What is the
objection to poly? What are viable alternatives. The surface will be used
as a tray and from time to time will be exposed to a variety of liquids
including alcohol.

"David" wrote in message
Bubba wrote:

I've been trying my hand at veneer inlays. Deft spray laquer seems to
give a great looking finish, but I doubt if it would stand under wet
drinks. Any ideas as to how polyurethane as a protective top coat would
bond to a laquer finish

Not very well over the long term. How's 'bout scuffing the lacquer, apply
dewaxed shellac, and then the (ugh) poly?

dave